Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Philadelphia Museum of Art ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

Jay Rolfe visited the Philadelphia Museum of Art today. There was a special exhibit on Thomas Chimes, a Philadelphia artist, titled "Adventures in Pataphysics." Pataphysics is a term invented by Alfred Jarry to describe the science of imaginary solutions in an imaginary world. The exhibit described Chimes as obsessed with Jarry's ideas, and that he has sought to express them in painting for decades. A lot of the paintings were interesting. The crucifixion paintings were colorful and kind of primitive. The white paintings were like fog over faces, and I'm sure very difficult to create. The portraits on medium to dark wood panels were just that, but good portraits. And his metal boxes were very well done.


I may relax this evening with my wife. If so, I'll be busy in the morning.


That's today's step on the journey of Jay Rolfe From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see some expressions of my unique artistic idea on my website at www.3dssc.com.

No comments: