Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hirshhorn Museum ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

You can see some expressions of Jay Rolfe's unique artistic idea on his website at www.3dssc.com.

On Wednesday I went to the National Gallery and Sculpture Garden and the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. As I related in my post on April 25, 2007, I saw the same light sculpture by Robert Irwin at the Orange County Museum of Art in Newport Beach CA on Friday, and 5 days later at the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC, and they looked different because of the intensity of the lighting. Here are photos and links to the two works, first at Orange County and then at the Hirshhorn. The Orange County photo is on the left, and the Hirshhorn photo on the right.

www.ocma.net/index.html?page=highlights&piece=12


http://hirshhorn.si.edu/collection/record.asp?Artist=Robert%20Irwin&OnView=1&ViewMode=&Record=1


I like the one at the Hirshhorn more, as the work recedes or merges more into the background so it's hard to tell what is acrylic disk and what is shadow on the wall (the disk and shadows together make up the work). I hope you can see the difference from the photos.

That's the next step on the journey of Jay Rolfe From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso.

No comments: