Saturday, March 3, 2007

Jay Rolfe: Chester County Art Association ... last night on my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

Don't you just love the future Jay Rolfe's projecting for himself? I do!


In yesterday's post I forgot to mention the nice coverage of Laura Barton's solo show at the Chester County Art Association by John Chambless of the Daily Local News. Nice job, John!


I went to the exhibit with my wife Randy Rolfe, http://www.randyrolfe.com/. We both enjoyed it very much. Laura had a lot of people interested in her work, and sold well. She called her show "Continuum, a show of where I've been, I am, and I'm heading." She does very nice town scenes and landscapes of the local area. "Relic" was one of my favorites of her more realistic style. Since my personal taste runs toward Impressionism and bright colors, I love where she's heading. One of her earlier works, "Long Island, ME #2" presaged the move. My favorite was "Illusion" for its beautiful sky. "Morning Dog Walk" I also liked for its even more dramatic sky, as well as "Waiting," "A New Day," and "Gold and Platinum," a nice farm scene painted over canvas and credit cards with a holographic bird showing through the paint. Very interesting.


It's always inspiring to see the success of other artists. You can learn more about Laura by visiting her website, http://www.laurabarton.com/.


That was another step on the journey of Jay Rolfe From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see some expressions of my unique artistic idea on my website at http://www.3dssc.com/.

No comments: