Friday, March 30, 2007

Gesso, painting, and discussion ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso


Yesterday afternoon I gessoed several canvases. Here's a photo of Jay Rolfe starting to apply the gesso.

In the evening I went to the Art Forum at Ben Gall's The Arts Scene. It was moderated by Jeff Schaller, a local pop artist. The biggest revelation to me was by David Oleski who said he has painted for the last 8 years in front of a live video cam which streams to his website, http://www.davidoleski.com/! I showed my new painting "Attraction."

This morning I finished the gessoing I started yesterday. Here's another photo.

This afternoon I worked on another smaller "Black Hole" painting. I've already painted the black hole, and here I'm painting the swirling universe around it. I still have to add the stars. Here's a photo of my progress.

That's today's step on the journey of Jay Rolfe From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see some expressions of my unique artistic idea on my website at http://www.3dssc.com/.

No comments: