Thursday, March 29, 2007

"Attraction" and pinking shears ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso


Newsflash - Jay Rolfe assembled and completed his latest painting titled "Attraction" this beautiful morning. It's made up of 5 separate stretched canvases. When properly assembled, they form a rather well-loved symbol. Here's a photo of the assembly process. And one of cleanup, yes, that's part of being an artist too. Especially with my studio in my home. And finally a photo of "Attraction."

As you probably noticed, I went wild with the camera this morning. I like my posts better when they have photos, so maybe you will too. I hope so.

Do you know what pinking shears are? Who would have thought I'd be using them. They're scissors that cut in a zig-zag line which prevents the fabric, in this case canvas, from unraveling. They're great for cutting odd shapes of canvas for stretching. Very useful. I've been cutting and stretching more canvas this morning for other paintings you'll see soon.

That's most of this morning's step on the journey of Jay Rolfe From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see some expressions of my unique artistic idea on my website at http://www.3dssc.com/.

No comments: