Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jay Rolfe: "Power of the Universe (Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey)" ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

Don't you just love the future Jay Rolfe is projecting for himself? I do!




For those of you who read my last post and clicked on the link, you may have noticed my painting called "Power of the Universe (Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey)." Arthur C. Clarke wrote the book 2001: A Space Odyssey and Stanley Kubrick made the movie from it.
In 2010: The Year We Make Contact, the movie based on Clarke's book 2010: Odyssey Two, the proportions of the monolith are revealed. They are, one squared by two squared by three squared. So I was able to create a correctly proportioned monolith in three dimensions that is 8 feet tall. It's also glossy like the monolith in the movies.




I think that sci-fi aficionados would love it. Perhaps Arthur C. Clarke would like to have it. Or maybe Tom Hanks, although I'm not sure he's into sci-fi. You can see my huge three dimensional painting "Power of the Universe (Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey)" on my website at www.3dssc.com by clicking on the Universe tab and then on the name or photo of "Power of the Universe."




I create huge paintings of things that stand for something in our culture. Many of my paintings are things that I've related to since I was a child. I think this one was suggested to me by my wife Randy Rolfe. Other paintings are just fun. Some, like my Adam and Eve series, are the type of subject that many serious artists undertake.




"Power of the Universe (Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey)" by Jay Rolfe is another expression of my unique artistic idea on my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso.

No comments: