Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jay Rolfe: Peter Max exhibition ... my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

Don't you just love the future Jay Rolfe is projecting for himself? I do!




Last night I went to the opening reception for Peter Max at the Wentworth Gallery in King of Prussia PA. My wife Randy Rolfe (http://www.randyrolfe.com/) and I were planning dinner and a movie with another couple. When I learned on Wednesday (see my blog for Wed. 2/21) of the Peter Max exhibit, I wanted to go. I contacted the other couple and told them I wanted to still go to dinner but go to the Peter Max exhibit instead of the movie. The wife knew of Peter Max as a girlfriend of hers has an original Max painting. Her husband wasn't familiar. Since her husband is a car buff (drives a fast Lotus Esprit) and is a former accomplished amateur racer, she told him Peter Max was to art as Mario Andretti to car racing. He was on board immediately. Our local paper, the Daily Local News, referred to Max as "World famous artist Peter Max."




Peter was very gracious with everyone. Those who bought paintings got not only their painting, but at no extra charge a personalized drawing with their name and his signature on the back, a large book about Peter Max autographed and personalized, and a photo with Peter taken by his own photographer.




I love Max' brilliant, clear colors and great shapes. I still like the "Cosmic Runner" from the '60's. Also the hearts (no mystery there, see my "Two Hearts Together" which I made - see a video of me making it http://www.3dssc.com/index.html - just before Valentine's Day last year, http://www.3dssc.com/hearts_p.htm), the island scenes, and the large vase of flowers in a huge size which was my personal favorite! My friend's favorite was the only painting without the bright colors, the "Winter" of the Four Seasons which was in blue and green pastels. Randy Rolfe's favorite was the island scene, "Better World." All beautiful paintings! I congratulated Peter Max on a great show, and I'm sure he knew it was.




That's the latest step on my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see some expressions of my unique artistic idea on my website at www.3dssc.com.

No comments: