Saturday, February 17, 2007

Jay Rolfe: New Painting ... Journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso

Don't you just love the future Jay Rolfe is projecting for himself? I do!




I'm excited that I just finished creating a new painting. It's a prototype for one of my huge paintings. (All my paintings are huge.) It's "only" 5 feet square. I'm planning a painting that is 10 feet square, and I wanted to see how it would work out in a smaller size and with pre-stretched canvases. (I make custom three dimensional stretcher frameworks for all my paintings.) I rarely create prototypes, but the huge painting I'm planning will take a couple of months to complete. So proving the concept seemed like a good thing to do. Plus, I get to keep the prototype. I'm glad, because I think the prototype is awesome!




My new painting is called "Black Hole (prototype)". Here is a quick and dirty photo of it. It's made up of five canvases bolted together. The center canvas, the black hole, is recessed, giving the painting three dimensions. (All my paintings have three dimensions.)




"Black Hole" will join my other paintings in my Universe category. You can see the others on my website. Click on www.3dssc.com and then the word Universe. When I created my 10 1/2 foot long rocket called "The Right Stuff," I had Tom Hanks in mind. I understand he collects space and rocket themed paintings, and of course he starred in the movie Apollo 13. Maybe he would also be interested in the final version of "Black Hole." Jay Rolfe would love Tom Hanks to collect his paintings.




"Black Hole (prototype)" by Jay Rolfe is the latest expression of my unique artistic idea on my journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You can see the results of Jay Rolfe’s unique artistic idea at www.3dssc.com.

No comments: