Monday, October 29, 2007

Stretching Canvas For "Lightning Bolt"


Today artist Jay Rolfe stretched canvas for his new 3-D Shaped Stretched Canvas painting, "Lightning Bolt." I believe it will be about 7 feet high when completed. Today's photo is of stretching canvas for this 3DSSC painting.



I try to make all my works Uplifting Conversation Pieces, as I'm a positive person and have a cheerful outlook on life. Thus I probably won't be able to use my idea of having a mannequin lie on the floor face down with the "Lightning Bolt" sticking in its back. It's humor, which I do, but it's negative humor. Unless I call it "And Lived To Tell The Tale." That might be both funny and positive. What do you think? Do you have a mannequin laying around?



This is the latest step of artist Jay Rolfe on his Journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You may view some of Jay Rolfe's unique artistic idea, his 3-D Shaped Stretched Canvas paintings, on his website at http://www.3dssc.com/

No comments: