Monday, August 27, 2007

Rested And Ready To Paint


This is the latest step of artist Jay Rolfe on his Journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You may view some of Jay Rolfe's unique artistic idea, his 3-D Shaped Stretched Canvas paintings, on his website at http://www.3dssc.com/.



Wow! A bright sunny day, a new week, the pool at a very refreshing 78 degrees, and memories of a great BBQ party Saturday night. Life is good. After a couple of days off from painting, I'm eager to get back to it. I just looked at my staging area and noticed several frameworks I've made for paintings that I haven't gotten to assembling, let alone cutting and stretching canvas for. Since they're started, I think I'll work on finishing them.



For today's photo, here's one of 5 Van Gogh paintings I saw at the Pushkin Museum in Moscow in February 2005 (Yes, Moscow winters are cooold!) that led me to change my previous idea of Vincent Van Gogh as mostly "Sunflowers" and "Starry Night." This is a colorful and detailed country farm scene with a steam engined train puffing smoke across the horizon. It was done in 1890 and is titled "Landscape At Auvers After Rain (Landscape With Carriage And Train)." It is beautiful to me.

No comments: