Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Matisse on the Riviera


On Friday I was at the Perelman Building of the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see the exhibit "Henri Matisse and Modern Art on the French Riviera." Although almost all the works on display are from the Museum's collection, there are many I haven't seen before even though I visit the Museum frequently. As you can imagine, museums own many more items than they can display at any one time.

Henri Matisse often painted interiors, especially liking ones that had a view out a window. This painting in the exhibit, done in 1917-18, titled My Room at the Beau Rivage (Interior at Nice), is perhaps typical in that it has a room full of colorful textiles and an ocean view out the window.

You can view some of my 3-D paintings at www.jayrolfe.com/.

No comments: