Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dilworthtown = Crystal Cove East?



Artist Jay Rolfe loves rolling sculpture in the form of exotic cars!

Saturday morning artist Jay Rolfe went for coffee at the Starbucks in Dilworthtown outside of West Chester. It's a beautiful ride from his home, so it has become his favorite coffee shop. Since going to the weekly car event by the Starbucks at Crystal Cove in Newport Beach CA - now moved to Irvine, see my post of May 25, 2007 for history and photos including photos of a Ferrari F2003-GA Formula 1 car which upstaged the Ferrari Enzo - I've given energy to having a similar event by the Starbucks in Dilworthtown. Little did I know that someone had organized what I only imagined.


One day a couple of months ago, I was wearing my Ferrari Formula 1 shirt and one of the baristas at Starbucks told me some Ferrari guys came in on Saturday morning. I went the next Saturday morning and was too late. I went another time and nothing. Oh, well. Yesterday was different. When I arrived about half of the eventual 30 cars were there, so I called my early rising friend with a Lotus Esprit and he brought his car.


My favorite car of the day was the gorgeous red Ferrari F430. My next favorite because of its presence was the black, black, black Porsche 911 Turbo - black body, black wheels not chrome, black interior, and black license plate. I liked the silver Ferrari 360 Modena, the red Ferrari 308 GTB, and my friend's dark red Lotus Esprit V-8. There was a silver Lotus Esprit S4S, a yellow Porsche GT3, and all manner of Porsche Turbos, more than I've ever seen together in the east. Someone brought a beautiful red Porsche Speedster from the 50's - I especially liked that since I once owned a similar one.


I learned that the Ferrari guys usually come Saturday morning at 8 or so until 9 or so (mercifully later than Crystal Cove's 7 am start). Yesterday was well represented by Porsches because their usual meeting place in Newark DE was unavailable.




One of my 3-D Shaped Stretched Canvas Paintings is of a 1959 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder. There were no cars that old or valuable present yesterday, although I was told that a fellow brought a Ferrari F40 recently.






That's the latest step of artist Jay Rolfe on his Journey From Starving Artist To 21st Century Picasso. You may view some of Jay Rolfe's Unique Artistic Idea, his Hyper Representational 3-D Shaped Stretched Canvas paintings, on his website at http://www.3dssc.com/. Artist Jay Rolfe uses vibrant color, 3-D, recognizable shape, and huge size to reveal beauty, touch emotion in a positive way, and create an Uplifting Conversation Piece.

No comments: